Nelson Bay Now Group
The Tomaree Business Chamber facilitate the formation of the Nelson Bay Now Group. This group represents entities and individuals who have a vested interest in the future of Nelson Bay CBD and Foreshore.
The group will provide a united and cohesive voice concerning matters of common interest.
The groups are;
- Business Port Stephens
- Tomaree Residents & Ratepayers Association
- d’Albora Marinas
- Destination Port Stephens
- Property & Business Owners
Initially the following concerns were agreed upon as priority
The future of the two (2) key car parks in the CBD which are currently being considered for redevelopment and particularly the future of the multi deck car park which currently has very limited utilisation.
- The need for extension of Yaccaba Street to connect with the foreshore as a two (2) way configuration.
- The strong need to upgrade the town presentation. The CBD needs rejuvenation and activation
- The need to review and upgrade traffic management at the Donald Street and Stockton Street intersection following the opening of the Woolworths supermarket
- Need for long term planning (and implementation) for the Nelson Bay CBD