Business Port Stephens’ vision is to connect, promote, encourage, maintain and support its members, who represent a broad range of businesses from small enterprises to leading corporations across the Port Stephens local government area.
We achieve this vision through regular networking and education events for members, a strong communication and engagement program, and advocating on behalf of member and local business interests. Business Port Stephens has strong governance and leadership practices, and positive relationships with key stakeholders such as Destination Port Stephens and all levels of government to represent a strong voice for business in our region.
We are seeking an organised, experienced and enthusiastic Coordinator to join our Nelson Bay office. The role is part time, up to 20 hours per week. Your primary responsibility will be to promote the activities of the organisation and to provide exceptional service to the chamber’s members.
- Coordinating the day to day activities of Business Port Stephens including coordinating our team of volunteers
- Managing the membership database including processing renewals and new membership applications
- Completing basic bookkeeping using Xero
- Providing reports to the Directors on the operations and financial position of the organisation
- Maintaining and updating the website, social media and producing a regular newsletter to ensure up to date information is always available to the members.
- Coordinating events in conjunction with the Directors
- Building and developing relationships with local stakeholders to ensure the chamber can best assist it’s members as required
You will be the first point of contact for the organisation so a corporate and professional style is essential.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Client Service Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be extremely organised and efficient
- Have the ability to multi-task with excellent time management
- Experience in a similar role an advantage
Apply via email including a cover letter and resume to:
The HR Manager email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 4 November 2020